Sunday, June 3, 2007

MY FIRST BLOG WHOO HOO!


This is my first blog every and I am so excited. I have so many fun projects to share.

I just finished my first pair of socks and I think that I am severely addicted. I visited my not so local knitting shop (it is an hour and a half from my driveway sometimes longer if traffic is bad in Liberty) and the ladies there helped me tremendously in choosing sock yarn. They also provided me with a basic pattern to get started.
I started a tank top made from a pattern in Vogue Knitting. I almost finished the ribbing on the bottom when I read ahead in the pattern only to find that the author of the pattern suggests that you use a needle a size or two smaller that what is listed for the pattern for the ribbing so that is doesn't stretch too much. Couldn't those special directions have been before the cast on and ribbing instructions? Now I will begin frogging today.

As soon as I get this blogging thing figured out I will have lots of pictures I love taking pictures of all kinds of things and now I will have a special place to display my knitting and yarn pictures.
I did it I added a picture! My husband snapped this picture for me. I am modeling the bag and the lovely Annabelle is checking it out. This is my first felting project. I am going to use the bag for my knitting if I can convince myself that I don't need to use it as a purse. Time will tell.
Thanks for reading!

No comments: