Sunday, November 8, 2009

How to spend an unusually cold Fall day?

I was spending the day grumbling about it being so cold outside and the wind howling at the windows when I looked around and realized that I should be thankful for this break in our usually hectic lives. Typically I spend my Saturdays running here there and yonder until I am completely exhausted. This particular Saturday was a different story, Thomas stayed in all day and kept me company with lots of purring, daddy built a roaring fire,


I knit and knit and knit until my sweater was completed,




and I made home cooked broccoli cheese soup and home made bread. The day was much better when I started counting my blessings.
By now you may have noticed that the kids are nowhere to be found (I promise that I didn't lock them in the closet for the day) they were across the street at their Grandfathers house visiting. My favorite blessing for the day silence even if it was just for a little while.





1 comment:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

And that sweater turned out awesome!!! :) Yes, silence...God's gift to moms! :) LOL